Seattle Starts A Public Transit Book Club!
Transportation Choices of Seattle, WA has started a program called Books On The Bus where riders of public transportation are encouraged to read the same book so that they have something to talk about.
A sort of niche One Book, One Chicago, this idea struck me and I can’t wait to see what they’ll do. (on-bus libraries? Ability to purchase the title at bus stops? Are there any bookstores with a bus stop outside who are using it as a selling tool?) So many ideas!
From their website:The Books on the Bus concept is simple: It’s a book club for transit riders. What better way to create community among passengers (finally, a reason to strike up a conversation!) and make good use of our collective travel time?
The first book club pick is Hotel Angeline, a collaborative novel by 36 Pacific Northwest authors. More info on the program here:
This is so cool.
10 Notes/ Hide
- areturntonormalcy reblogged this from laughterkey
- wishinoo likes this
- rainy-corners likes this
- gllama666 likes this
- deeannmarie reblogged this from laughterkey
- acerbicfool reblogged this from laughterkey
- onehundreddollars likes this
- i-contain-multitudes reblogged this from openbookstore and added:
- citizenkerry likes this
- laughterkey reblogged this from openbookstore and added:
- openbookstore posted this